Sunday, March 1, 2015

What you imagine, you create.

 Hello guys! It's been a long time I haven't post anything but I had to take my finals so couldn't find any time for a photoshoot. So, I thought it would be a good idea to post one of my final projects I had to present these days. As you can tell, this post is totally dedicated to my sculpture and ceramic experience. This subject was part of my school days since it started and now I'm done with it. One of the main reasons we apply this subject is learning how to model real objects in the future. Is about giving life to something which is only part of your mind or just drawn somewhere. It was fun for as long as it lasted. I hope you guys enjoy my work! 


 The first project consisted into creating a geometric volume. After making sure the form has the right shape and angles , you start interfering on it's surface.
I chose the form of pyramid for it always amazes me. It's a form which wakes up the mysteries in the caves of your mind. In addition, I've always adored the ancient Egyptian culture, architecture and art of course. It always brings something magic when hearing about their stories. Still nowadays people are confused about how those giant pyramids were built but I'm lucky to find myself "building" one which is very small but much more bigger itself.


One of the first pictures I have taken while modeling.
Each student has it's own ideas about the intervention on their forms. My idea was totally inspired by the beautiful and unforgettable album cover of Pink Floyd.

"The dark side of the moon


 Despite the fact that is such a cool symbol, it also has a theoretical explanation according to physics. When a ray of light hits the pages of a pyramid made of glass, it becomes more other full-range color just like a little rainbow. Magic, isn't it? 
The problem was I had a pyramid made of ceramic so I wasn't able to use the rays of light or anything. I changed my idea by transforming this ray into an inexistent super power radius which hits my volume by leaving it's marks in every side of the pyramid.

Here are the first steps:

After days and hours of scooping, directing, smoothing out the sculpture here is the final object:



Not without a reason the pictures are in black and white. Remember that rainbow thing? That's all. I couldn't give birth to a rainbow , a bunch of colors or anything. I gave birth to something strange and mysterious which is no longer a pyramid but much more than that. 

* * * 


The second project was related into creating an object of nature. It was all about studying and realising the nature itself has it's own "designer" which takes care of modeling every plant, fruit, tree, leaf, branch and everything. Modeling this second object was much more easier for I didn't have to model the right angles or straightening the outlines which were the hardest thing to do. 

I chose to model a mushroom. Not a wild mushroom, a poison or tripy one haha. I decided modeling an ordinary edible mushroom just to find out the beauty even at the ordinary stuff we use everyday. The whole beauty of a mushroom is inside it's "hat" which is full of fiber cells that make you highlight the dynamism inside the soft, smooth and delicate skin of the mushroom. I modeled the exterior part of it but took care the most of it's interior. 

The final object: 





Cutting it in three pieces is part of the mission of pointing out the details it hides.

* * *

The last but not less important project was placing the object into a public place. (by using Photoshop of course) 

Here's my space: 

I decided to place my object right there because it confuses people and irritates the eyes and minds. You may have to walk everyday down this place when suddenly you see something strange in the center of a massive building. At the first sight is difficult to understand what it really is. And it's much more difficult to understand why is it there or which is the meaning of it all! There's no answer or explanation. You just have to like it or not and continue your path. It is all about the contrast giving you an emotion while learning how to "read" the image of the sculpture out there.  

(Picture while presenting.)

I tried to summarize in a few words the work I've done the whole semester. It was very hard for me to deal with the clay only by using my hands then day by day I got used to it. Well, there are no happy endings without a little fight and sacrifice!

 Anyway, I really hope you enjoyed this post and liked my work. 

Wishing you a lovely week,
Kurisu

8 comments:

  1. You have an mind of an artist,,,You are a real artist,,,I love your blog and your work !!! Congrats !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the lovely words! :') I appreciate it a lot! =)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed your post and your work.Congratualtion 💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerpudha looks so real! Bravo kurisu ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Epo si detyre e dyte qe ishte, duke ardhur- duke avancuar! ^^ Thank you, thank you! :3 xoxoxoxo <3

      Delete
  4. Shume e arrire, sidomos kerpudha :)

    ReplyDelete